Why You Will Love It!
- Grounds and energizes the meditation experience by putting you in a position that is alert and relaxed
- Aligns your spine to increase prana or life energy or chi
- Provides comfortable support for extended durations of time
How You Can Use It
- Can be either used on the floor by itself or placed on a zabuton for extra cushioning
- Take a break from the world and explore your inner landscape or just relax
- Lightweight and easy to take with you
What It's Made Of
- Cover Fabric: Organic Cotton Canvas or Traditional 100% Cotton
- Stuffing Material: You choose between eco-friendly Kapok Fiber or Buckwheat Hulls
- Optional Removable Cover available
- Choose from 14 colors
Which Meditation Seat is for You?
We recommend three basic meditation positions: Burmese, Kneeling, and Sky (or Easy Pose).
1. Sukhasana (a.k.a Easy Pose) – we generally recommend using a Sky Bench™ or Tilt Seat™ for this asana that is similar to sitting in a simple cross-legged position. While opening the hips and lengthening the spine, the posture’s relative ease on the knees makes it easier than Siddhasana or Vajrasana for people with physical difficulties or limited flexibility.
2. Siddhasana (a.k.a. Burmese) – a traditional cross-legged position, which we usually recommend using a Zafu or Smile Cushion™.
3. Vajrasana (a.k.a Seiza or Kneeling) – we generally recommend using a Peace Bench™.
However, other positions are appropriate for some situations. The lounge position or Shavasana (laying flat) can actually be better at times when you are too tired to sit. Eco Backrest™ can be the perfect lounge chair for those times.
Jeremy Stone –
I purchased my large zafu nearly eighteen years ago. I still use it daily and it is still in great shape. The only real care that has been necessary is adding some new buckwheat hulls. It is clearly a quality product. I am entirely happy with it through many years of use.
Ginger D –
After 16 years of daily use my zafu was still in excellent condition when I unintentionally left it behind at a retreat. As soon as I got home, I ordered a new one. Was delighted to see the array colors available. Hoping to have many years to enjoy my new blue zafu and hoping my old zafu continues to support practitioners at the retreat center for decades to come. Thanks Carolina Morning!
Jonathan (verified owner) –
Though far from inexpensive, this is a quality product. I use my cushion everyday sitting either cross legged or seiza. I’ve just ordered the Zabuton (sitting mat) to help with longer sitting, and I’m really excited! Would highly recommend for anyone looking to buy the real deal.