Why You Will Love It!
- Grounds and energizes the meditation experience by putting you in a position that is alert and relaxed
- Aligns your spine to increase prana or life energy or chi
- Provides comfortable support for extended durations of time
How You Can Use It
- Can be either used on the floor by itself or placed on a zabuton for extra cushioning
- Take a break from the world and explore your inner landscape or just relax
- Lightweight and easy to take with you
What It's Made Of
- Cover Fabric: Organic Cotton Canvas or Traditional 100% Cotton
- Stuffing Material: You choose between eco-friendly Kapok Fiber or Buckwheat Hulls
- Optional Removable Cover available
- Choose from 14 colors
Which Meditation Seat is for You?
We recommend three basic meditation positions: Burmese, Kneeling, and Sky (or Easy Pose).
1. Sukhasana (a.k.a Easy Pose) – we generally recommend using a Sky Bench™ or Tilt Seat™ for this asana that is similar to sitting in a simple cross-legged position. While opening the hips and lengthening the spine, the posture’s relative ease on the knees makes it easier than Siddhasana or Vajrasana for people with physical difficulties or limited flexibility.
3. Vajrasana (a.k.a Seiza or Kneeling) – we generally recommend using a Peace Bench™.
However, other positions are appropriate for some situations. The lounge position or Shavasana (laying flat) can actually be better at times when you are too tired to sit. Eco Backrest™ can be the perfect lounge chair for those times.