The Peace Bench™, a modern take on an ancient Tibetan stool, makes floor sitting a breeze by taking pressure off the ankles and feet while in kneeling position (Seiza, Sukhasana). Bench legs are rounded for flexibility and ease of movement. Available in three sizes. Comes with optional bench cushion and carry bag.
Why You Will Love It!
- Balances the weight of the body to allow effortless sitting without back support
- Takes pressure off hips, knees, shins and back
- Comes in four pieces to keep you in One Peace!
- Facilitates Active Sitting which tones core muscles
- Innovative design is sturdy when assembled yet comes apart easily when traveling
- Easy to pack in a suitcase or backpack because the pieces are not connected
How You Can Use It
- You can sit in kneeling position or Sukasana (Easy Pose), as shown in photos.
- The front half of the bench legs are gently rounded to allow the bench to move with the needs of the sitter (this adjusts the angle of the seat to whatever is needed). The back half is flat, to keep the bench from rocking backwards too far.
- You can rock slightly forwards and back with the rounded legs which allows spinal fluid movement
- Can be placed on a Zabuton for cushioning of knees and feet
What Its Made Of
- Environmentally friendly, Forest Stewardship Council certified composit material called MEDEX. This is a non-toxic, 100% recycled content, wood fiberboard that uses wood scraps which would otherwise be discarded.
- Hand finished with a whey based non-toxic finish protects and gives a dark honey sheen
- Optional padded bench cushion and drawstring carry bag available.
- Weighs four pounds
What Our Customers Are Saying
I just received my Peace Bench last night and used it this morning. It is amazing! Thanks so much. I have been meditating since 1993 and have graduated from a hard filled zafu, to buckwheat, to now a bench following a recent back injury (sciatica) that has made it difficult to sit cross legged, even now that the injury has healed. I have been kneeling with two cushions and decided to try the bench. I couldn’t be happier. It is so comfortable. I was able to sit very peacefully without uncomfortable pressure in my hips, knees, shins, feet or back. Bravo! I thank you very very much and will recommend this bench to my friends and mentors in my sangha in Los Angeles! Karen, Los Angeles
I just received my peace bench today, and I just wanted to thank you. I love it! The wood has such a nice feel, and I’m thrilled with how light, portable and handsome it is. And you sent it out so quickly too. Now all I have to do is get my family and friends into meditation, and I’ll have the perfect gift for them :). Michael
I love my Peace Bench. It has really improved my ability to focus because I am not sitting in an uncomfortable position.
Your products are great.Chad