Why You Will Love It!
- Eleven ounces light and fits in a coat pocket when deflated.
- Durable enough for outdoor use, easily washable, and inflates via mouth in seconds.
- You can take your meditation anywhere
The Inflatable Zafu has travelled successfully all over the world with meditators.
How You Can Use It
- Most people use the Inflatable Zafu as a convenient traveling meditation cushion.
- Can be used as a seat cushion or pillow partially inflated when traveling.
- Inflate your zafu, deflate your ego!
- Instant enlightenment: Just add air and sit
What It's Made Of
- Cover Fabric: Organic Cotton Canvas or Traditional 100% Cotton
- Stuffing: A replaceable inner beach ball
- Replacement balls are available
Approximately 6″ high x 12″ wide when inflated (medium)
Approximately 7″ high x 13″ wide when inflated (large)
What Our Customers Are Saying
Frequently Asked Questions
What does it feel like?
The Inflatable Zafu has a slightly less grounded feel and takes more balance than the solid zafu (i.e. there is more work involved with staying on.) However, usually after a minute or two one forgets all about it.
Tip: It helps to have the Inflatable Zafu on a mat or folded blanket for stability (as oppossed to a hard floor or surface). Also, the bouyancy of the cushion can be considered a training for better balance. The Inflatable Zafu has some subtle advantages over a standard zafu, which can only be realized by sitting on one.
How durable is it?
The Inflatable Zafu can be used on bare ground and can hold people over 200 pounds. In fact, we have not yet determined the weight limit! They are carried all over the backcountry and used for camping with great results. The inner ball will wear out with extended use (similar to a bicycle tube) and is replaceable for a modest $3.00. Most balls last for years with occasional use. With everyday use they usually last up to a year.
Does it squeak when you move around?
What is the size?
The medium is approximately 6 inches high and twelve inches wide, and fits most people up to 6 feet tall. The large, approximately one inch taller and three inches wider, is best for bigger people. They are essentially the same size as a standard solid zafu.
How is it inflated?
The ball is inflated with your mouth and takes a minute or two to fully inflate. The nozzle is accessed via the flap under the handle. You push the nozzle in after inflating and that keeps it from leaking.
What if I don't like it?
How can I replace it when it dies?
We sell replacement balls. Or, try of these creative ideas yourself if you are a DIY type. http://www.recyclethis.co.uk/20070514/how-can-i-reuse-or-recycle-gone-flat-inflatables