Are you one of those Zen-loving people looking for the ultimate minimalist experience? Do you prefer walking barefoot to benefit from Earthing? Do you impress your friends with your hard core less-is-more lifestyle? Perhaps our Paleo Pad™ is for you. This Japanese style minimalist sleeping pad is great on the floor or a hard surface. Wool felt is amazing for sleeping!
Why You Will Love It!
- Wool has a nice resiliency…providing supportive padding with just the right springiness
- Wool creates a breathable sleeping surface that wicks moisture away from your body
- Firm surfaces enhance sleeping by aligning the spine and opening breathing and circulation
- Wool has balanced thermal insulation properties – it is warm in winter as well as cooling in summer
- Wool is a naturally renewable fiber: 100% biodegradable and sustainable
How You Can Use It
- As a sleeping surface on the floor or a platform bed
- As a Shiatsu or Restorative Yoga Mat
- Wool is naturally hypo-allergenic and resistant to bacteria, mold and mildew that can trigger allergic reactions in many people
- Great for a portable travel mat
- Wool felt is like nature’s memory foam without the chemicals
- Wool felt is flame retardant and self extinguishing
- Wool is naturally anti-static and therefore has grounding properties
What It's Made Of
- Paleo Pad Cover: 100% Organic Cotton Twill
- Stuffing: Two layers of 1/4″ thick Eco Wool® Felt from Woolgatherer’s Carding Mill. This wool is from humanely raised and organically grown sheep in the U.S.A.
- Optional Protective Removable Cover constructed from 100% Organic Cotton Canvas available in several colors
- Dimensions: 33″ x 80″ x 1/2″ thick
Sweet Dreams on a Firm Surface: The Ergonomics of Sleep
I spent 30 years wondering what to sleep on for optimal sleep and health. When I finally realized through personal experimentation and research that the best mattress is no mattress, I could never look at the world the same. We are asleep when it comes to which bed is the best bed.
I discovered that the mattress is creating and/or masking the body's current structural imbalances, impeding circulation and hampering the body from realigning itself during sleep. Sleeping on a hard surface can reshape the back and realign the body. A firm sleep surface helps the body's relationship with gravity, with the earth. This is a therapeutic practice available to all of us, which works while we sleep.
The bedding industry relies on bold claims that one mattress or pillow will outperform another. Some of the claims are tempting, promising a good night's sleep like you've never had before--for only a few thousand dollars.
Where are 'they' getting this information? Sleep and health are intricately related. There is no scientific definition of 'comfort.' Sleep and especially deep sleep with theta and delta brain waves is known to restore health. How does the actual bed or surface upon which one sleeps affect the quality of sleep?